My first 50mm/1.8 shots, as expected?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,478Gear list
Like?
Re: My first 50mm/1.8 shots, as expected?
In reply to PhotonFiend, Jan 20, 2013

PhotonFiend wrote:

Timbukto, Ecorone, Suave:
Thanks, just goes to show its just as important what is behind the lens as in front of
It still seems to me the auto focus is a bit off ( but I wont complain given the narrow DOF). and it seems to go from a little front focus to a little back focus depending on the distance and/or repeated shots, so that is probably just as it should be.

*Extremely* common behavior...the fact that you noticed its behavior shows that you are really paying attention to your shots and gear which is a very good thing as it maximizes the 'technical' quality you get out of your gear.

I did find *one* copy of the 50mm 1.8 II that did *not* do this...it was a good copy but at the same time slightly decentered but only noticeable on FF instead of APS-C....nothing is perfect!

However I will say shooting my 5DMKII + 85mm 1.8 is a whole nother level of AF precision...it pretty much just nails it all the time.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow