NEC monitors

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,637Gear list
Like?
Re: An update
In reply to Zee Char, Jan 20, 2013

When I woke up this morning and headed to the system the iMac screen was asleep and the NEC was screen saver as usual.

I woke the iMac and the NEC looked excellent. The whites were perfect IMO. Best I have seen so far. Sat down with my wife had some coffee and chatted. Came back to the some scenario, woke up the iMac and now the whites have that cool/blue look again.

Before using Spectraview I went into the libraries and deleted all the previous profiles I created using Spyder.

A screen shot of displays and colorsync utility. They look normal. The LCD2490WUXi- 000038A3 (and so on) is the original NEC profile and the one LCD2490WUXi 7Z103071is the one Spectraview created is selected.

Image #1

This is a screen shot of the colorsync utility in the bottom tray when I click on it. The red dots represent all the profiles I deleted. I cannot find them in the 3 libraries I have looked in yet they show up here. Even apple support could not figure this one out.

NEC LCD2490WUX-1 and NEC2490WUX-2 were named by Spyder and new/new test I named.

Image #2

One last thing. My Mac was wonderful until Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I'm finding it very unstable with other things than this as well. When I wake up them monitor the screens flash back and forth until they settle. On occasion about (1 time out of 20) the displays reverse on their own.

This is what I have it set at.

Image #3

This is what I get from time to time. I wonder if it is picking a different profile when I wake it up. One the colorsync displays in image #2 that I can't find anywhere. I am using a DVI cable with a thunderbolt adapter for the iMac output.

Image #4

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow