Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Sheehy
Forum ProPosts: 16,307
Like?
Are you sure? Leaving the page
Jan 20, 2013

Ever since the new Forum software has been implemented, when you start to edit a reply, and use the backspace key or click on a link, a dialogue comes up, saying:

Are you sure?

This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.

Leave Page       Stay on page

This is very nice, and I appreciate it fully when I am actually leaving a page by accident.

However, I also appreciate the ability to freeze my web pages in Firefox when I need to restart it or restart the computer, or if Firefox crashes, but ever since this "Are you sure?" feature has been implemented, it has been impossible to save open Reply edits.  If I try to close or restart Firefox, every single page that I have an editor window in asks me the question, and if I click on "Leave Page", I get a version of the edit with all of my changes lost when Firefox restarts.  If Firefox crashes, or I nuke it from the task manager, I don't get asked the question at all, but my edits are also lost when Firefox restarts.

Is this an oversight in the Edit page design, or does DPReview do this intentionally to prevent people from holding onto open edits?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow