Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ppronovo
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
help with Aokatcech AK-G1 GPS adapter
Jan 20, 2013

I've picked up the AK-G1 as a reasonably priced and sized GPS system for the D800. Surprisingly, I've found it very difficult to use. In particular, acquiring satellite info and, more concerning, continuing to tag images with the coordinates last obtained from a previous shoot.

Can anyone help with the functionality of this? The calibrations process's (spin 360 degrees, wait for color of monitor to change) seems crazy. Must this be done before every use?  The "user manual" says to do with set up and then for each new location. How far is a change in distance considered "new". Again, I was getting old coordinates when using it a different location in my home town, no more than two miles apart. If it is turned off in between use, does it need to be recalibrated? If it stays on but one is moving, does it re-adjust automatically without a recalibration?

I would like to know it is reliable before taking it on travel.

thanks!

Paul

ppronovo's gear list:ppronovo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow