Casio Exilim EX-FC200S anyone?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chas Tennis
Contributing MemberPosts: 635
Like?
Re: Casio Exilim EX-FC200S anyone?
In reply to amarjot, Jan 20, 2013

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/661230-casio-fc-200s-high-speed-camera/page__hl__%2Bfc200s

Also, you can download the complete user's manual from Casio support.

I am very interested in confirming that the FC200s has manual control of the shutter speed and to find the fastest shutter speed available in high speed video mode. I read the user's manual and believe that it has manual control. Link above indicates that the earlier FC100 and FC150 also can manually control shutter speeds with fastest shutter speed being about 1/1000 sec. Double check those specs as I don't own any of these models.

A good way to evaluate the motion blur in high speed video mode is to search Camera Model + golf + Youtube. Find golf swing viewed from the side and look for the smallest motion blur on the club head. The view from behind is not as good for evaluating motion blur because the objects move away from the camera and not across the frame. I searched for the FC200c and could not find suitable golf videos. Videos should always be in direct sunlight with sharp shadows. The camera also may not have been set to minimize motion blur.

For objects moving across the frame the motion blur(MB) is

MB = V x SS      where SS is shutter speed.

Example, for a 100 MPH (1760" per second) golf club head and a shutter speed of 1/1000 sec.

MB = 1760"/s x 0.001 s

MB = 1.76 " , all points on the club head would have a motion blur of 1.76" ( inches).

Chas Tennis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow