Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bwana
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
best image stabilization
Jan 20, 2013

Looking for more than a point and shoot. Something to take onto the slopes for snowsports or even at races. either a micro4/3 or larger. But the criterion is that it must have killer image stabilization. Although color, contrast, brightness, etc can all be edited in post, blurry pixels cannot be fixed ( well, adobe did showcase software that can track the path of a blurry pixel and process the image to correct it-but still experimental).

yes i know that i can fiddle with exposure and ramp up the iso or go with expensive and bulkier faster lenses. but sometimes i WANT image stabilization  to selectively remove blur caused by camera motion versus blur caused by subject motion. so my question still has merit-which camera has the best image stab. if personal experience is hard to come by (after all, how many people would actually try and quantitatively compare cameras by this criterion), has anyone read anything useful on this? Google seems to think i want to buy something with image stabilization. in fact, google is becoming more like amazon- i guess that's where the money is, though

I have seen the olympus 0md5 but have heard that sony is better. Any experiences here?
And no, a tripod doesnt work well on skis.

bwana's gear list:bwana's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow