Started Jan 20, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AJ Kloza
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
What to look for on 'Open Box' RX1?
Jan 20, 2013

A local retailer is selling an open box RX1 at a substantially reduced price ($2100).  I've examined it in store--it's clean cosmetically and functions properly but I can hardly put the camera through its paces there.  Sales clerk says I can purchase it, try it out at home and if I'm not satisfied, return it for full refund.  Camera also comes with the full Sony warranty.  Almost ready to take the plunge but looking for some advice as what to look for and/or test out with this camera.  I've read about aperture issues and looked at the blades and they are not, in fact, exactly circular as I stop it down and wonder if that should concern me.

Anyway, what's the consensus here?  What should I do and/or look for in making this purchase?  My main DSLR is the Canon 5d3 but I was looking for a similar IQ in a street, walk around compact. All help, tips and advice is appreciated!

AJK

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow