Is there any software to backup/restore OM-D settings?

Started Jan 17, 2013 | Questions thread
davestravelgear
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
Re: Manual pain and more....
In reply to Guy Parsons, Jan 20, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

So Olympus, if anybody ever reads this...... (forlorn hope)

1. Make custom setups or at least MySets saveable/restorable to/from PC or card.

2. Make all Mode dial cameras have the MySet assignment feature as on E-PL5.

3. Add the ability to name the MySets and that name to appear somewhere when needed.

4. Fix that totally stupid menu idea where "Set" or "Set" means either to store the custom settings in a MySet or to recover the MySets back to the camera. Try different words than using "Set" twice to mean different things.

5. And don't forget to have a nice day !

Regards..... Guy

Sounds like a good start Guy, and I think a fair chance (fingers crossed) of it happening in a firmware update one day, or by some developer hack which are becoming more common now!

Nearly everyone is familiar with Smartphones now, and how they work and how you can customize them, I think it is only time until most cameras will have those type of operating systems on them, like some of the newer Samsungs, then things should start to get interesting with third party apps, and controlling your camera remotely from your Smartphone and other devices will become commonplace, instead of limited to just a few models like now!

I also think it would be much more intuitive to change settings on your mobile/tablet/PC, and then sync with your camera, plus you could have an unlimited amount of "MySets..........which I'm sure would please rather a lot of people!

Dave

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow