The RX1 changed how I take pictures

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
viztyger
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Complementing the RX1
In reply to mgatov, Jan 20, 2013

mgatov wrote:

The compactness, coupled with the F2 lens and FF sensor were what drew me to it. In all of my other gear, I didn't have something that would give me the smooth Bokeh that I've missed since selling all of my Contax film equipment. There is a fierce battle between image quality, portability, and flexibility. It seems you can only have 2 out of those 3 at one time.

Yes, there's always a compromise and where we are willing to make them are different for each of us.

That said, there are different kinds of flexibility. Greater image quality at higher sensitivities and/or a faster lens will give you more flexibility in low light whereas a higher resolution will partially offset the lack of flexibility in focal length range (cropping). Smaller camera size will give you more flexibility as to where you're allowed to take you camera, and so on.

-- hide signature --
 viztyger's gear list:viztyger's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow