Do you think the image of SD14(SD15/DP1/2) is cleaner than that of SD1m(DP1m/2m) ?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 19,536Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes
In reply to Raist3d, Jan 20, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

I would love to see the DP2M put through tungsten next to a DP2 as a curiosity for this. But to be honest if that's what happened, I think I rather have better splotch-free daylight performance.

Yes, me to, on both accounts. I could live with a non tungsten camera. Even Bayer cameras are really not good at tungsten, and produce best yellowish images. If you try to compensate they normally look bad.

I wonder why they removed the AFE or why they thought the AFE would be better to begin with (or maybe it is- I never quite understood that- except that it seemed to band).

The main reason for AFE is the limited dynamic range of the A/D converter. There is some information down in the noise, even below the least significant bit.

But ... the Foveon chips has quite high noise and quite low DR (contrary to what many here claim). Then AFE might only introduce problems. A shhotout between a DP2s and DP2x would be interesting.

Anyhow, really hoping SPP monochrome allows good B&W into the high iso.

It should. B&W high ISO done normally is already better than color images from Foveon cameras.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow