Help needed!

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
GTOz
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Help needed!
In reply to Ultradan, Jan 20, 2013

What lenses do you have for the 550D, and what are you intending to get with the FF camera?

Just that speaking as a recent "upgrader" from 400D to 6D, I am not sure that you will see much benefit from moving to full frame for wide angle landscape shots unless you spend a lot of money on heavy and expensive lenses.

My EF-S 15-85mm gives me a very good wide angle IQ on the 400D, while the closest to equivalent on FF, the 24-105L has more distortion and vignetting at the wide end, while not being as long.  Correction of the distortion in PP reduces the wide angle a bit. The EF-S 10-22 is excellent if I wished to get wider on the crop camera, and the IQ of the 17-40L if I buy it may not match this.

If you want to get shallow DOF in low light, then that is where the FF will excel. My wide angle / landscape shots are generally stopped down, and I believe will not see so much benefit with FF. My "old" 400D will still see some service in this role.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow