Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ultradan
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
Help needed!
Jan 20, 2013

Hi all, first post here so bear with, I am currently considering the purchase of either a used 5d or a used 5d mk2, I can pick up the 5d for around £450 and the 5d2 for around £1000 with shutter counts around 15-30k/unkown for the 5d

I currently have a 550d and have been incredibly impressed with the image quality after using it for 2 years from new.

So I was wondering if anyone here can shed any light on a couple of things for me: firstly can anyone advise what the cost are to have the shutter replaced on the 5d and the 5d mk2? I have looked around on the internet but most of the numbers are from US users so not applicable. Ifully accept that with used gear there is a risk of failure - comes with the territory but wanted to make my decision based on shutter replacement costs i.e if the cost is similar for both then I'd probbably go for the MK2.

From a user point of view I want to upgrade to FF for wide angle shots (which I love) and better depth of field. Image quality wise from a non pro point of view will I really notice the difference between the MK1 and the Mk2 - sorry if this is a silly question.

I'll be using the 5d for wide angle/landscape shots mainly would prob use the 550d for sports/zoom shots.

To be clear I am not a pro user just an average amateur.

Thanks in advance.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow