Manual focus. why the obsession?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
lighthunter80
Regular MemberPosts: 289Gear list
Like?
Re: Manual focus. why the obsession?
In reply to AngDaga, Jan 20, 2013

AngDaga wrote:

I'm been shooting since 2003 with a DSLR and recently with an XE1. I don't use manual focus, ever. Well, maybe a couple time in really low light when I can't get focus. Everyone here seems obsessed over manual focusing. I feel like I'm a fairly competent photographer, but I wonder what am I missing. Sincere question here, I feel like maybe need to learn some more in this area.

Exactly the same her. I do photography sine the mid 90s and had all sorts of cameras like an Canon AE1, Contax RTS, Yashica MAT, Mamiya 645 etc. and a lot of MF lenses. I never had an issue with manual focus and it works just fine. However, since I use AF cameras such as EOS 500n, 50e, 10D, 350D, 60D, 5D etc. I never felt like wanting to use manual focus. There is really no need for it if you know how to use AF properly. It is in facet much easier to manual focus on one of the old cameras with their optimized screens than with a modern AF camera.

So in short. You didn't miss a thing.

lighthunter80's gear list:lighthunter80's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Olympus PEN E-P5 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow