Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,062Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens is it?
In reply to clengman, Jan 20, 2013

clengman wrote:

Pedagydusz wrote:

Apparently, everybody knows which lens the OP (clengman) and fish monkey are using. But I haven't a clue, and would like to know, given the obvious interest of theses photos!

(I know what a "fisheye" is, I am asking making and model )

Could you please clarify?

-- hide signature --

Oh yeah, sorry. It's one that's pretty popular around here, the Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye. It's a native m43 lens, but is completely manual in operation (manual focus and aperture). It's also sold under the Samyang and Bower brand names. I bought mine from Overstock.com for $269 with free shipping. I think it's a fantastic deal for a very sharp and interesting lens.

I think Rokinon and Bower are only used in the US, presumably to avoid problems with so-called "grey import". In the rest (or at least most parts) of the world, it's sold as Samyang, which is the actual name of the South Korean company producing the lens.

I had been planning for a while to buy the oly 9-18 zoom as a landscape and travel lens, but my wife and I are planning a vacation to the Caribbean in February and I wanted to get a wide angle lens before we left. This was the only one that fit my budget in the short term, so I snapped it up.

I originally thought I might just use it for a little while then ebay it and buy a rectlinear wide angle when I have a little more money to spend, but I think I like it too much. Iit's a keeper.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow