price and size not criteria is the 24-70 way better than the 24-85mm for landscapes

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
amarjot
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: price and size not criteria is the 24-70 way better than the 24-85mm for landscapes
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Jan 20, 2013

Thanks VincentR and shotcents. I had kind of made up my mind (my second post) not getting the 24-70mm and your opinions made total sense to me. I am not a pro and i will not be doing large prints. Also the fear of having such a heavy lense as a walk around is getting me scared.

Daniel thanks for posting been looking for someone to give me a perspective on both the 24-85 and the 24-120. I had the 16-85 on my D90 and absolutely hated it. Pictures looked focused and would be almost blurred on a larger screen. Had to zoom in all the time and lock focus. ended up using my 50mm and 70-300 most of the time.

Will i be looking at the same thing with the other lenses, I wrote to some 24-70 users and they swear by the lense and talk about its amazing ability to focus in many conditions where some lenses fail.

24-120 will have the added length advantage being able to get to 120. And i can always pick up a 16-35 eventually for my trips to newzealand , ireland, ladakh in the coming years.

But between the focal lengths of 24-85 are the results the same or you find one better under certain circumstances than the other. I have a few family weddings coming up the added focal length of the 24-120 may be helpful there.

Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow