Merrill sensored cameras ARE 30MP luminance equivalents to 30MP cameras!

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,160Gear list
Like?
Re: not a good example..
In reply to petr marek, Jan 20, 2013

petr marek wrote:

Yep, yellow skintone etc. It´s kind of hars looking, oversharpening makes it look flat and "digital" and destroys depth of the water surface and grass. Smooth sharpness, typical for previous Foveon is missing.

This is a simulation of the original SD9  foveon Blue colorspace using the color space provided in Sigma Photopro SPP 5.2.2.  Yes--it makes yellowish skin tones just like the original SD9.

I don't recall sharpening this image--Dp2m images don't really need sharpening.  As for your other comments---thats a matter of opinion and your own tastes--however it has been reported that at the zero setting which I use, that the camera does in fact do some sharpening, so that could be the harshness that you perceive. I like the image and its detail.  I've been shooting with Foveon cameras since the very beginning and feel that this camera is an improvement over all other sensor/lense designs and it is producing Huge sized images right out of the camera. But to be fair to everyone--I also own a 24 inch wide printer, so I have printed out test images and am extremely pleased with this image for what it is. Do you think I'm going to post my best images full size?  Answer No.   I'm in the business of selling my best images. This is an example image--one that I have no intention of selling and is for educational purposes only.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow