7700. Is it made in Japan ?

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
australopithecus
Contributing MemberPosts: 513Gear list
Like?
Re: 7700. Is it made in Japan ?
In reply to Nikonworks, Jan 20, 2013

Nikonworks wrote:

Before worrying about cameras I would check all the labels on my clothes first . I agree with your sentiment but not your means of protest. Mine is made in China.u

Valid argument, and agreed with the rest of you.

The Japanese are, indirectly, wiping out the Atlantic Bluefin (and killing whales "for scientific purposes").  Some of our own citizens, and regrettably corrupt conservation officials, are links in the rhino-poaching chain (driven by China's demand).

We could, of course, argue too that we shouldn't buy German motor-cars for reasons that date back sixty years.

I also realize that the computer I am using to tap out this post comprises many parts that are "Made in China" and am made more aware of this by the number of power supply failures I have endured !

However, the Chinese top the list of those that plunder the natural environment ~ so I'll continue to avoid, where possible, purchasing products manufactured in their country.

If you can advise me of a better method of protest, please let me know.

-- hide signature --

Dave

australopithecus's gear list:australopithecus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow