Merrill sensored cameras ARE 30MP luminance equivalents to 30MP cameras!

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,170Gear list
Like?
Re: not a good example..
In reply to diolus, Jan 20, 2013

diolus wrote:

ugly colors. what is that green cast i see all over? a pictures is not all about details(oops i forgot this is not a forum about photography) also a lot of noise. and how do you know whichever building you're talking about is 2 miles away? no i don't see details on the building just lines representing what may or may not be balconies (you want to show details zoom to 50%) no is not an amazing camera(remember a camera is not just a sensor) now since you've shot with a 30mp phase one let's see them side by side.

You probably missed the information in the original post. The color space used for this photo is the color space used in the original SD9.  That explains your comments about the color space.

I'm looking at the images on a 1440 x 900 resolution screen at 100 percent. I can't comment on the resolution that you might pick out with your computer screen.  I can clearly see details on the buildings 2 miles away including the brick pattern on the wall of one of the furthest buildings.

The 30MP sensors I shot with was a rented Digiback for a client job for my Mamiya.  I apologize, but I'm not going out and renting a digiback to prove my point here today.

So in answer to your complaint about the ugly colors---to each their own.  I was emulating the original SD9 colorspace that made that camera famous which was just released as a feature by Sigma. and yes--it does do some funky things with the colors.--that is on purpose!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow