need opinion from anyone who switched from 1DS3 to 1DX

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: need opinion from anyone who switched from 1DS3 to 1DX
In reply to Alekhine, Jan 20, 2013

Well, i don't know if my post will have any help or not, but honestly speaking, i don't shoot weddings or photojournalism, but i shoot sports and landscapes.

I have 1Ds3 and 1D3, those are my main cameras for shooting everything from sports to portraits to landscapes and macro, but then last year on November i bought 1DX, this camera became my main body for everything except landscapes/portraits and maybe macro too, i only care about MP when i shoot at ISO100-800, i have Hasselblad so i can't imagine i go less of MP even i have a rocket AF/fps speed, i still shoot landscapes with 1Ds3 and i never look back, the only camera will replace my 1Ds3 for landscapes will be 5D3 or D800, but for sports and pj and even weddings i can be fine with 1DX, i never tried filling the buffer with 1Ds3 to test but 1D3 is bad in that when i shoot sports, but that could be the issue of the CF card not the camera itself.

In all cases, i am not ready yet to give up my 1Ds3 yet, 1DX could be main camera for speed and a backup camera for quality, so 1Ds3 is main camera for quality and 1D3 is a back camera for speed.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow