Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
NikonManSoCal
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
Re: My new D800 appears (possibly) less than new
In reply to ADMint, Jan 20, 2013

ADMint wrote:

NikonManSoCal wrote:

If the body was a USA warranty unit (e.g. was officially 'imported' in the US for sale, the serial sticker will have a "U" on it, as well as a USA warrant card in the box.

You sure about that because my D800E has no "U" in the serial number sticker, but it did come with a USA warranty card in the box, with matching serial number, and no "U"

Ironically, my first D800, which I swapped for the E, had no warranty card.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

Some, not all, Nikon USA products have the "U"designation. My D800 did. It is possible that the D800E, being of much smaller demand (production/shipping wise) is not differentiated as such.

On your D800 w/o warranty card - yeah that is a dead ringer for a customer return - surprising me that the retailer would even accept it back w/o the card - unless it shipped that way.

In the end, there aren't any definitive answers to any of these serial number- production date mysteries it appears. It would be nice if someone reverse engineered Nikon's serials to production dates (if even possible).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow