Some owls and harrier shots from today

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve West
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,237
Like?
Re: Hi Steve
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Jan 20, 2013

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

It was your feedback about 70-400's AF speed under A99 convenced me to acquirer 70-400. I am very happy with my purchase. That lens has amazing sharpness I ways use wide open aperture, A99's AF-D is very quick and accurate. It just "stick" to birds no mater what way they fly. My other setting is manual exposure (F5.6, 1/1000) with auto ISO (my upper limit is 3200), and I always make sure electronic front curtain is OFF (unless I shoot single shot, slower than 1/1000). I might be able to test out the new Sony 500/4 in near future, dangerous time ahead!

The 70-400 does rock!  I have kept my EFCS on all the time with my A77 and A99. I've never had a problematic exposure with the 70-400 with shutter speeds as high as 1/8000th. In fact, I'm convinced EFCS helps keep things sharper at 400mm since I think any mechanical impulse tends to blur things at those focal lengths handheld.

I have kept EFCS shutter on always and no lens has given me problems including the old AF Minolta 50 f/1.7 and 28 f/2.8.  The Sony 100mm f/2.8 has never given a problem either.

Great images!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow