100-300 or 75-300?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Questions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,966Gear list
Like?
Re: 100-300 or 75-300?
In reply to MikeSE25, Jan 20, 2013

MikeSE25 wrote:

On an EM-5 to picture birds & other small wildlife. Does anyone here have any experience? Is there much difference in these lenses real world low light capabilities and sharpness at the long end?

This comes up every week. And every week the same answers are given ... the Oly lens is smaller and lighter and might be (haven't actually seen tests that show this on multiple samples) slightly sharper at full tele. Also no OIS and much more expensive. Sounds like a winner to me lol ...

I have Panny bodies, so I could not go Oly anyway ... thus, I have the Panny lens. I quite like it but I do not try to shoot BIF. I think BIF remains a dSLR pursuit for now anyway.

I do try to shoot it stopped down to 7.1 ... some say that works best. I plan on testing it more thoroughly on my copy of course.

Meanwhile, a few examples ...

I do love the subject isolation

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow