Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,597Gear list
Like?
What are you babbling about?
In reply to pdxpix, Jan 20, 2013

pdxpix wrote:

pdxpix wrote:

B&H 30-day return policy says in the fine print, "Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures." Yikes! I was almost half-way there when the $3,000 black brick croaked.

As a life-long Canon shooter, this really shakes my confidence in the product line. So far, my first move to FF lasted less than an hour. 7D still crying from the closet. Time to go apologize to the loyal APC-S companion that has never failed me.

I've never had a problem with B&H, but I also have never had to return anything to them, either. That includes a 40D, 7D, 17-55 f/2.8IS, 70-200 f/4L IS, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 85 f/1.8 USM, 50 f/1.4 USM, Speedlights, filiters, remotes, bags,... yeah I've helped their bottom line over the years. Now it's time to have them return the favor.

There is a good brick & mortar store in Portland (Pro Photo Supply), but no way could they match the package B&H offered in that short window: $3,499 for 5D MK III, 24-105 f/4L, extra battery and 16GB Sanidsk UDMA CF card. I'm wondering now if the body was itself a return or otherwise less than new.

Give yourself a good hard slap in the face and get a grip.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow