Full frame CLEARY better than APS-C sensors (surprising to me at least)

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joe Pineapples
Senior MemberPosts: 1,711
Like?
Re: Full frame CLEARLY better than APS-C sensors (surprising to me at least)
In reply to Andrew Phillipo, Jan 20, 2013

You've made an interesting observation, and it would be enlightening to investigate it further.

There are solid, science-based reasons (re-hashed many times across many forums) why bigger sensors are better, all else being equal; but of course there are many other factors affecting the quality of a final print.

One problem I find with these forums is that, when an interesting point is raised, there are always people who rush to make unhelpful contributions, such as dismissing it with stupid one-liners or put-downs, possibly because they think it makes them sound knowledgeable. The resulting noise level makes interesting discussion very difficult. What we really need are a few interested parties who are available to attend the exhibition at the same time, who could then meet up afterwards in a more congenial venue than the internet to discuss the matter e.g. over a few beers. I would love to volunteer, but unfortunately I won't get the chance.  Without seeing it for myself, I certainly wouldn't dismiss what you say offhand.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow