What would cause you to switch to canon?

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
McCool69
Regular MemberPosts: 249
Like?
Re: What would cause you to switch to canon?
In reply to The Photo Ninja, Jan 20, 2013

I don't think my photos will be any better or worse with Canon than they are with Nikon - both systems are capable of delivering great results if you learn how to use them properly.

The way Nikon has handled the whole D600-oil/dust-issue on the other hand is something that will have a major impact on my decision the next time I am going to upgrade my camera body. My next camera will most likely be the first DSLR I buy that isn't a Nikon - and I have used Nikon gear exclusively since the D70 appeared in 2004.

Their way of pretending that nothing is wrong when a issue has been reported time and time and time again has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth - I don't feel like I can trust Nikon anymore.

The issue doesn't seem to appear in all cameras, but the flood waves of reports clearly shows that these aren't isolated issues that happen in a just few cameras either. I have one of the dreaded self-dirtifying D600's myself, and I am sick and tired of cleaning it every 2-300 exposures - and every single time seeing that it is way dirtier than I have ever had any of my previous 4-5 Nikon DSLRs be even after thousands of exposures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me !New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow