Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jon_T
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Re: SX50HS - Cheap Plastic
In reply to MarioV, Jan 20, 2013

MarioV wrote:

Fudgington wrote:

I even looked at it in the shop. Didn't like it, but persuaded myself to get it. Started regretting it in the car on the way home. Opened the box. Within a few minutes wanted to smash it to smithereens (an easy task I suspect). Never have I hated a camera so much. Just me I guess.

The G15 seems more up my street...

G15 is no less "plasticy" than the rest. But if thats what will make you happy, then go for it.

I've handled about a dozen different types of cameras from all classes, from phone cameras to dslrs and not once had "plasticy" ever crossed my mind even though a few of them were considered "plasticy" by some.

Base upon your reply you've apparently have not held/used the G15.
I have the G15 and agree with dpreview's comments:
"... The build-quality is as good as it gets. The camera feels like a mini-EOS 1D, extremely solid with soft and comfortable rubberized hand grip and thumb rest. The magnesium alloy surfaces have been very slightly roughened, giving them a quality feel. It'll be hard to find another compact camera that feels this well put together. ..."

Bold emphasis by me:
"... The G15's screen itself is a large, high-resolution 3" 920k dot unit with a tempered glass cover and a wide viewing angle. ..."

Jon_T's gear list:Jon_T's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow