OT: What to see in Washington DC over 24 hours

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Re: OT: What to see in Washington DC over 24 hours
In reply to stan_pustylnik, Jan 20, 2013

Well, I had a blast today. Weather was just perfect. I didn't go last night as I was very tired and it was very cold. I believe you all that it all looks good.

Today, I went with a friend of mine with bicycle, camera hanging from my neck with the Sony 16-105 lens. By the way, this is one of the best all around lenses. I took the tamron 70-200 with me to DC but it never left the bag.

I'll post some shots in the next post, but I have to tell you all that this is beautiful city. With all those attractions, and now they are preparing for the big event on Monday, the inauguration. I saw so many helicopters, even military looking ones, its not even funny. Also, airplanes coming in to the nearby airport come close enough for a 200-300mm lens, even cheap ones can get close shots of them all day long.

And I walked all those exhibitions and attractions around the monument. I've read many of the quotes from the Founders of America. Without getting into too much politics, I have to conclude that these people were some of the biggest thinkers. I would recommend all president having to read those before they get sworn in, and then APPLY them. I think currently there is some work to be done to get back on the track those founders laid down for America.

Anywas, some pictures to follow...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow