Started Jan 19, 2013 | Questions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,496Gear list
Like?
Re: E-PL3 or E-PL5?
In reply to jalywol, Jan 20, 2013

jalywol wrote:

Caris wrote:

I am a Sony NEX owner ( and loving it ), however I want to buy either an Olympus E-Pl3 or E-Pl5 as a gift for someone. Knowing very little about the micro 4/3 world, I wanted to ask the owners ( upgraders ) of both cameras if there is a significant difference in the overall image quality between the two?

I am only interested in the IQ, not the camera ergonomics, buttons layout etc.

I can currently get E-Pl3 or GX1 or G3 for a very good price but I've eliminated the Panasonics due to the lack of WYSIWYG display, so it's between the E-Pl3 and E-Pl5.

This is mirrorless...WYS IS WYG on the display....Not sure what exactly you mean by this...

Considering the image quality and difference in price, should I get the E-Pl3 or wait until E-pl5 goes down in price?

Get the EPL5. Latest sensor, much advanced over the EPL3 one. If the person you are buying it for wants a viewfinder, get the G3, it is a real bargain right now!

-J

Yup get the E-PL5, the one with the big 16.1 mpxl Sony sensor. And maybe get an E-PL1 or 2 for yourself, refurbished with a lens for about $200. (Cameta Camera.)

As an owner of two NEX cameras, I can recommend these cheaper PENS as perfect for travel, with their small lightweight lenses.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow