35-100mm Panasonic

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
RickPick
Contributing MemberPosts: 777Gear list
Like?
Re: 35-100mm Panasonic
In reply to Jim F, Jan 20, 2013

Jim F wrote:

Very useful videos. Congratulations. Well done. I'm trying to sort out which m4/3 models have an external mic jack. Makes recording nature sounds (while shooting video) more pleasing.

To my direct knowledge, the GH2 and GH3 both have external mic sockets. The GH2's is 2.5mm so requires an adapter to take a standard 3.5mm plug - which will fit the GH3 without the adapter.

The GH1 will work with the external Panasonic mic made for it, but I'm not sure whether it will accept any others.

The Oly E-M5 has no built in jack socket, but can accept an external mic via the accessory port. Unfortunately, the adapter also takes up the hotshoe where you would probably want to mount your microphone.

The best hybrid option currently available is undoubtedly the GH3. If video is secondary, the E-M5 should also be considered. Next, the GH2, which can now be obtained at very good prices.

RickPick's gear list:RickPick's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow