Flat view
rm8
rm8
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Lighting Modifier Advice For New Studio Space
Jan 20, 2013

Hello,

I have a new studio space which measures 14 feet wide by 18 feet long with 8 foot ceilings.  It is painted all white including the concrete floor.  My primary use will be to shoot white background photos of one or two people.

Currently I have two Alien Bees 800 lights and I plan to get a third to match them.  My planned setup would have two lights shooting at the background and one main light as well as a silver reflector.

My question is deciding what type of umbrellas, softboxes etc to put on each of the lights without being able to try them in my space.

For the back two lights hitting the background would strip soft boxes do the job or would that cast a light that is too narrow to illuminate the wall?  Regular sized soft boxes or possibly even just the straight lights with barn doors on them?   In front for the main light should I be looking for a really big octobank or bounce umbrella that could also somewhat light the floor when pointed down?

I can't really change the space or the lights, but would really appreciate your suggestions on getting the modifiers correct.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow