A few shots from my recent trip to Colombia

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
JohnSL
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: A few shots from my recent trip to Colombia
In reply to timo, Jan 19, 2013

Thanks (everyone).  Security in Colombia is much improved, from what I hear.  I'm an anxious traveler in general, and I went with my wife and her family (parents, a family friend) to visit her sister who's been living and working in Medellin for the last 3 months.  Her family is much louder and attention grabbing than I would be traveling alone. That being said, the worst of it was an unpleasant dealing with a van driver who doubled his fee when we arrived at our destination and waited for his money in a calmly threatening way.  I think the most trouble you're likely to encounter as a tourist is petty theft; from that standpoint too the 50-135 was not an ideal choice.  But picture #5 (my favorite of the bunch too) was taken while boating down a river towards the beach near Tayrona National Park and I would have been reluctant to do that without weather sealing.

Overall, mostly pleasant people and some stunningly beautiful countryside, and of course some stunning poverty as well.

JohnSL's gear list:JohnSL's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow