Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,087Gear list
Like?
Monopod for Video needs with the GH-3
Jan 19, 2013

Hello, just an FYI for those doing video and the potential need to travel with a support.

I now have Three mono-pods, insane I know.

I have had the Bogen self-standing tripod for well over a decade. I bought that before a tripod because I am more a landscape type and on occasion want to shoot inside a museum and they do not allow tripods. This model has feet hidden inside the tube or pole whatever you want to call it that you unscrew the base and the legs come out; you just reverse the threads and its works. Oh, keep and allen wrench with you for the one off time it loosens too much.

I also decided that with the GH-3 or any video need you have to have a fluid head for best results. A video head is also compatible for doing stills. So no 3 way pan or ball head for video because its just not the best method for controlled movement for video.

I have the Bogen 561 BHDV-1 and I am testing the lighter weight Benro A 48FS4.  They have a couple models with fluid heads and it comes with a sling.  I have not decided 100% on the Benro.

I also considered a carbon fiber solution, but I REALLY like the feet or base of these two monopod with video head.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow