Camera you had the most fun with of all time?

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
TomHJ
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: Camera you had the most fun with of all time?
In reply to Sam_Oslo, Jan 19, 2013

I’ve had too many cameras (35mm and their digital replacements and 645) and I’m showing my age...:  Miranda F, Minolta SRT-101, Maxxum 7000, Maxxum 9000, Maxxum 600si, Maxxum 800si, Maxxum 7, Maxxum 9, Maxxum 7D, a850, a65, and a77, as well as several Mamiya 645’s, ending with the 645 Pro.

It is actually hard to separate out technological superiority from “fun.”  My SRT-101 clearly ruled the roost for the longest.  Since then, my favorites have probably been the Maxxum 9000 (great build and very simple in its features—including a manual “wind” unless one bought the power winder), the 600si (perhaps as “plastic” feeling as anything—except the 800si) but it brought back the idea that dials mattered), the Maxxum 9 (incredible build and features derived from the 600si), and, now, the a77 (build a-ok, and intuitive feature locations and adjustments).

a77 first, 600si second, 9000 third (I guess).  Oddly, I still use (and like) the a850, but it just doesn't seem to make the list....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow