Sony Noise

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary Eaves
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, there IS Noise...but....
In reply to NPPhoto, Jan 19, 2013

Yes, yes, yes, the Multi-Frame-Noise-Reduction is a great feature.  I loved it on my NEX and love it even more on the A55.

All of my studio work was being down with my A850 and just this week I decided to try the A55, knowing that in manual, the screen goes blank, but I just put it into Aperture preferred mode and could set up the shot with no problem.  Since I was shooting macro studio shots for a watchband company I hit the DOF button on the A55 and it just astounded me by showing a great view of the shot with the actual depth of field and the camera automatically put in the gain to see it perfectly.

I could then turn the dial over to M and take the shot.  I know it's built in in the A77 and A99 to work that way in manual, but I'm very satisfied with the noise from all of the Sony cameras I've owned.  And the MFNR feature just is the cat's pajamas to me.

So don't worry about Sony noise, just kick in the MFNR and enjoy.

Gary E

Gary Eaves's gear list:Gary Eaves's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 50mm F1.4 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow