Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,948Gear list
Like?
Event photography with X-Pro1?
Jan 19, 2013

I've been asked to shoot the launch of a charity at an evening function. I agreed without thinking and now I'm a wee bit concerned in that I'm an available light photographer and I'm clueless with flash other than knowing bounce flash gives more natural results.

I would like to shoot the event with my X-pro1, 18mm, 35mm and 60mm lenses. I own an EF-20 flash, that I've barely used since I bought it. I just tried some bounce flash with the 60mm lens in low light and had some decent enough results between ISO1600 and ISO3200, if I kept the shutter speed above 125, but I'm not sure this is the right camera for this work given the AF speed.

The venue will be indoors, about 40-60 attendees expected, room about 10' x 30' or 3m x 10m (ish).

I no longer own a DSLR (though I would never have used my A900 for low light work) but I do have a E-M5 as well and a GH3 that I may take along anyway to shoot some video (though the GH3 may need to be used solely for video on a tripod). Part of me is wondering if the E-M5 (given it has IBIS) might be better for this.

Thoughts anyone?

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow