"Customer Service?" NO! (Camera Shop, Bryn Mawr PA)

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Les Berkley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213
Like?
"Customer Service?" NO! (Camera Shop, Bryn Mawr PA)
Jan 19, 2013

The Camera Shop in Bryn Mawr PA is one of the last 'real' camera shops in SE PA, USA. It has been around forever, and still carries a large selection of pro gear. Good on them! Only, today I went to look at the Fuji XE-1, listed as in stock on their site. It was in stock.  So was the X-Pro1. There was no display model of either. I asked the manager what was going on. He said they didn't have display models for everything. I looked around. There seemed to be displays for every medium to high end camera in the store, including the Leica M-series. Could I see an X-E1? No. The 'no' was polite, as was I, but it was still no.

I just don't get it. I am not a gearhead who wants to fondle a toy. I need to see how the camera fits in my hand. I need to try the EVF and do a quick check on whether the AF is as slow as some folks claim. Further I would buy the camera in that store--I would not leave and get it a few bucks cheaper online. I have bought lenses in that store, even though they were cheaper at B&H or Adorama. What is the use of having a physical store, if it isn't physical? And why was the poor Fuji stuff singled out?

End of vent.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow