Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Haithamcz
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
soft and out of focus images for D7000 on 18-105mm nikkor VR
Jan 19, 2013

I recently did upgrade from d3100 to D7000.

I did some study on focusing techniques as I did want to improve my skills.

I did try to photograph many times to photograph my dogs running with the ball in his mouth and I never did manage to get sharp image for him running.

I do use high shutter speed mostly above 1/400s and I did use AF-C 9 points then change it to 39 points and still no improving, so I did use AF-C 3D tracking and I still did not manage to nail the focusing even though I am shooting in bursts of 3 shoots and more also I did shoot in S mood or M mood.

I know that the D7000 is good camera and it might lens issue or my technique is bad :(.

below are some sample images

out focus

out of focus

is it because my photos are little under expose or too low shutter speed for this kind of action or my technique is bad.

I welcome any tips and recommendation on how to improve that.

And the second issue is that I am getting soft images even when I do manage to focus well with 3D tracking. below are some samples:

soft

soft at 100% crop

I might need to do some AF fine tuning for my 18-105mm, any tips on how to test that and do AF tuning?

below is shoot for the same dog but in summer and I was using d3100 + 70-300mm nikkor VR and I have not experienced that focusing and softness issue with that camera, maybe because it has smaller pixel rate.

thank you in advance.

Nikon D3100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow