Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,540Gear list
Like?
Winning the drag race!
Jan 19, 2013

OK, so file this thread under "proud dad" - but before you click the Back button, be sure to scroll down the the detail of the car, it has a unique feature.....

So yes, after years of terrible cars, exploding cars, cars that fail to roll down the track, my son's entry places first in Pack final.   This year everything lined up right, perhaps literally, and he gets to go to regionals.

Winning the Den finals....

Winning the Pack finals.

But here is the cool thing about the car, and why I bothered posting this "cat picture" thread....

OK, so its a car..... but... what?

"Oh, is it SUPPOSED to do that?"

It folds up into a "compact car" It all started up with a play on words. The annual scouting awards banquet is called the "Blue and Gold" - His entry is the "Blue and Fold" racer.

BTW this won with none of the usual attention to detail to the axles, none of the grinding and polishing. I think that's why it won. My only involvement was picking the "smoothest" part of the nails and making sure they were pointing down and in contact with the wheels. You can see the red mark on the lower one. That was it. And a bunch of dumb luck.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow