Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,271
Like?
Do your eyes "clip" ???
Jan 19, 2013

No seriously. I got to thinking about this, pertaining to my latest post, with all the white birds.

Where I'm going with this, is that on a bright, sunny day, looking at a snow white bird, I often feel almost blinded, and I certainly cannot distinguish any detail, in the brightest parts of the bird..... In real life, with my own two eyes !

Now, when I get home and pull these same shots up in Lightroom 2.5, lets say that either, I'm looking at a shot that is just shy of any clipping..... Or, lets say, I had one that was slightly clipped, but using RAW, I was able to bring it back to what Lightroom tells me, is "not quite clipped".....

The thing is, a lot of these shots will still look slightly clipped to me ? Or should I say, "I'm seeing about as much of a lack of detail, in the brightest spots, as I probably would have experienced, looking at this bright white bird, on a bright sunny day, without my sun glasses....."

Is Lightroom getting it wrong ? Or, is it pretty close to spot on, to what you were seeing in real life, while being partially blinded, and squinting your eyes ???

Hmmmm. Just wondering outloud....

Fish

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
R2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow