Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,877Gear list
Do your eyes "clip" ???
Jan 19, 2013

No seriously. I got to thinking about this, pertaining to my latest post, with all the white birds.

Where I'm going with this, is that on a bright, sunny day, looking at a snow white bird, I often feel almost blinded, and I certainly cannot distinguish any detail, in the brightest parts of the bird..... In real life, with my own two eyes !

Now, when I get home and pull these same shots up in Lightroom 2.5, lets say that either, I'm looking at a shot that is just shy of any clipping..... Or, lets say, I had one that was slightly clipped, but using RAW, I was able to bring it back to what Lightroom tells me, is "not quite clipped".....

The thing is, a lot of these shots will still look slightly clipped to me ? Or should I say, "I'm seeing about as much of a lack of detail, in the brightest spots, as I probably would have experienced, looking at this bright white bird, on a bright sunny day, without my sun glasses....."

Is Lightroom getting it wrong ? Or, is it pretty close to spot on, to what you were seeing in real life, while being partially blinded, and squinting your eyes ???

Hmmmm. Just wondering outloud....

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow