Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikeywcu
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Consensus on the 17 1.8?
In reply to Makinations, Jan 19, 2013

Makinations wrote:

captura wrote:

You must have a bad example 14/2.5. Mine is exceptionally good and I consider it my best lens.

Must have. I hate it. I never take it over the 14-42R II.

The growing consensus on the 17.1.8 is that there may be a lot of sample variance so some copies are OK (although never all that sharp) whereas others may be substandard such as (possibly) the one tested by Lenstip. Do you want to take a chance?

This is what local photo shops are for. Or kind online retailers with nice return policies. I still have a couple weeks on my no questions asked return policy.

-- hide signature --

This never would have happened if Tedolf was still alive.

I'm with you. 1. I have no idea why I by lenses when it's freezing cold out, and everything is dead. 2. I'll shoot with this for the next week or so before I decide if it was the right move over the PL 25mm. I realize the PL is a bit sharper, but the build and size of the 17mm are quite appealing. And I think I'm going to get more used to the 35mm FL.

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow