Got my fisheye yesterday!

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens is it?
In reply to Pedagydusz, Jan 19, 2013

Pedagydusz wrote:

Apparently, everybody knows which lens the OP (clengman) and fish monkey are using. But I haven't a clue, and would like to know, given the obvious interest of theses photos!

(I know what a "fisheye" is, I am asking making and model )

Could you please clarify?

-- hide signature --

Oh yeah, sorry. It's one that's pretty popular around here, the Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye. It's a native m43 lens, but is completely manual in operation (manual focus and aperture). It's also sold under the Samyang and Bower brand names. I bought mine from Overstock.com for $269 with free shipping. I think it's a fantastic deal for a very sharp and interesting lens.

I had been planning for a while to buy the oly 9-18 zoom as a landscape and travel lens, but my wife and I are planning a vacation to the Caribbean in February and I wanted to get a wide angle lens before we left. This was the only one that fit my budget in the short term, so I snapped it up.

I originally thought I might just use it for a little while then ebay it and buy a rectlinear wide angle when I have a little more money to spend, but I think I like it too much. Iit's a keeper.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow