It is becoming a little embarrassing, but …

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 17,076Gear list
Like?
Arthur
In reply to Artichoke, Jan 19, 2013

Artichoke wrote:

but I do believe you have more firsts than anyone else in the DPR Challenges

congrats on these two fine photographs, well worthy of winning the Party & Spy:People Challenges

Free Shampoo was well seen & timed with the square crop a masterful touch

this great photograph works at many levels & deserves its win in a large & very strong competition

the Party photograph surprised me with its win, though it is my clear favorite of the entries

it was the only BW offering & color would seem an advantage for this theme

it is a busy photograph, which tends to not show well at these Challenges, but exquisitely composed and beautifully timed

never underestimate the value of a perfectly bent knee

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Thank you so much again, dear Arthur. For the winners scores, the guy who really impresses me very much is Werli Francois:

http://www.dpreview.com/members/3627269402/challenges

Almost every time he enters a challenge, he wins with a superb shot! I am sure he is the "King" of DPR and I can never reach his level! There are also a few others who always have great results, without cheating, of course!

As for the "Party" challenge, I was very surprised, myself. As friends told me, it may represent a "Party" more than some others! That bent knee is making the shot without any doubt! I like this shot and entered it for a challenge only because of that knee, as the matter of fact! It gives a kind of "Glamor" that I was lucky to catch!

Thanks again for your support that I always appreciate greatly!

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow