Sony HX10V disappointment

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tatar01
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Sony HX10V disappointment
In reply to Tatar01, Jan 19, 2013

I find that the most challenging for cameras of this class is the ability to render human hair, especially light shades -- so it doesn't look like a digital artifact mess, but separate hairs. Same goes with human skin. That's what I would think 14-18 MP is supposed to do. But unfortunately they don't.

Another challenge is to render good details (and maybe color too) in darker situations like restaurants, bars, night interiors like at a dinner table at home -- scenes that most needed (at least for me) when gathering with friends and family.

Well-lit landscapes and dead objects (even flowers) don't really demonstrate the abilities of cameras. But it's hard to find other kinds of shots in people's galleries.

Here is by the way another very helpful (but again - no people) site with lots of comparative shots: kgravett and particular about ZS20 and HX9V and there are more on his site.

I had to repeat the same text in another posts (in Panasonic talk), due to the nature of my quest. My apology for that!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow