Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,899Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 or Nex 6
In reply to Dheorl, Jan 19, 2013

Dheorl wrote:

jemsurvey wrote:

I have narrowed down my choices to the above two cameras. Anyone here own both of these and can give me a good comparison. I'm leaning toward the Oly because of lenses and in body IS but the Nex seems a good deal for the price.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Oh...has the E-M5 risen in cost since it was introduced?

Thanks,

JEM

It really does depend what you want;

- Native lenses with fast AF and toughness, I'd say go for the OMD

- Shallow DoF and desire to use legacy glass, go with the NEX (as an aside I think the apps look like they could be kinda cool as well)

Atm I own a GH2 but am looking at buying a NEX 6 to use legacy lenses with. For the moment I'm keeping my GH2 for the autofocus with system lenses and the movie quality. If the NEX movie quality matches up and the LA-EA7 adapter proves to work well (or they bring out some more native lenses) then I might consider swapping entirely.

above-

"Native lenses with fast AF and toughness, I'd say go for the OMD"

- I agree about the lenses but not the OMD's toughness. I own 2 NEXes as well as an E-PL1, (also a GF2) and these are tough cameras in the sense of seldom hearing about breakdowns. But there have been a fair number of reports it seems, on this forum about broken OMD's.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow