Observation on EM-5 users

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
oeoek
Regular MemberPosts: 408Gear list
Like?
Re: Observation on EM-5 users
In reply to LucaBrasi, Jan 19, 2013

I can only speak for myself. I have been a photographer for over 40 years, mostly using medium format and prime lenses. When I wanted smaller and lighter gear, I bought a digital APS-C set that soon replaced my medium format film gear completely. I also switched to zooms. But truth be told, I never really enjoyed the zooms. Slow aperture, big (and so were the digital bodies) and I found they tended to make me 'lazy' in picking my point of view.

The M43 system was the first small system -really small- that started to offer a good and new selection of primes. When the EM-5 came out, it was the first M43 camera that actually rivalled and sometimes surpassed APS-C in image quality. As I get older, a new size-weight reduction sounds good, so I made the switch again. As the EM-5 was not intended to be used alongside my APS-C gear, I sold of the latter and went for a full set of M43 lenses right away.

oeoek's gear list:oeoek's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow