Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ken henke
Contributing MemberPosts: 751
Like?
Aperture's printing quality and comparison
Jan 19, 2013
Probably those who print high quality images have noted Aperture's printing capability doesn't appear to be of the highest quality. That said, finding alternative printing software is limited for a Mac.One option is ImageNest. I recently compared exact prints and found one significant difference. The yellows with Imagenest are quite obviously superior and more true to the actual image. Aperture's yellows had more of a orangish tinge to them. Additionally, image brightness and detail were marginally better with ImageNest. Although i have Parallels and Qimage available, I didn't test Qimage against both Aperture and ImageNest since I really want to stay on the Mac platform.I am not trying to slam Aperture, since its printing ability is still quite good for many images, but if one wants the best quality for a fine art image, it may be worth the effort to conduct comparisons. I would be curious if anyone has compared Photoshop to Aperture printing?
Ken
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow