Being honest!

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,635Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks
In reply to boris Fincheltub, Jan 19, 2013

Boris, if you're coming from shooting a D200 or less/older, you will not regret the move at ALL.  I shoot an E-PL5, not an OMD, but the image quality, performance, etc all significantly exceed my D200.  Probably the only place it's not a significant improvement over my D200 is high speed focus tracking although admittedly, the D200 is definitely not the pinnacle of such performance either.  If you are looking for a camera for such shooting, it might not be the best choice, otherwise you won't regret it at all.

Probably the most significant thing I've personally seen since going to m4/3 format, and especially the newest generation of sensor and performance, is it has re ignited my love for photography.  With the DSLR's, even going from an Oly E-1 to D200 which was a significant performance increase for me, the focus of the day was going out to take pictures and nothing else, primarily due to having to lug the heavy equipment with me.  With m4/3, I find myself taking my camera with me everywhere even if it's not the primary reason for going, and the images I'm taking, and my personal ability from the additional experience, has been improving greatly.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yeahNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow