Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gavp
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
LX3 v LX7?
Jan 19, 2013

I've had my LX3 for four years now, and been very happy with it. However, I've also had a GF1, and more recently, a GH2. So the LX3 has hardly had much use in the last couple of years. I dusted it off the other day, and whilst still happy with image quality, found it frustratingly sluggish in use, inevitably, after coming from the GF1 and GH2.

So, I'm thinking of replacing it with an LX7, which can be had for a very reasonable £260 here in the UK. I'm sold on the super-fast lens, longer zoom, improved movie mode and amazing 11fps continuous shooting, all of which I will find useful. But, will it prove significantly more responsive in use than my LX3? Considering the 11fps capability, I'm presuming it will. I tend to shoot Jpeg+RAW, and found it frustrating waiting several seconds with the LX3 locked up whilst it writes single shots to card.

Anyone out there have/had both LX3 and LX7. How do they compare on this? Or to, say, the GF1 for that matter?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow