6D does Indonesia

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mais78
Contributing MemberPosts: 562Gear list
Like?
Re: #10
In reply to stef, Jan 19, 2013

stef wrote:

They are all outstanding. I don't think that it is just the subject matter but rather your ability to see the world around you and capture it. The portrait of the woman, number 10, is perfectly done. Did you use a tripod on some of these?

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I assume you are talking about #10 of the second set: unfortunately that pic is the least sharp of the set, don't know why as 1/60 on a stabilised lens should be enough, I guess hand shake. Interesting that you find it good, I wanted to discard it altogether but in the end I kept is as the lighting on the face is interesting, but I don't like at all the background on the right. Potentially it could have been a much better picture but I have to live with what the real world presents me, this woman was selling bananas outside a family run restaurant, wasn't really there to pose for me so moving here was not an option.

I travel with a minitripod but it was'n t used in any of the picture posted. I tend to use it only for evening shots of temples and some lanscape. Since what I do is just to walk around and shoot I don't have the time to put the camera on a tripod, the subject would be gone by then (or staring at me!).

Mais78's gear list:Mais78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow