Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrChristopher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,029Gear list
Like?
x100 Some awful photos I took last night
Jan 19, 2013

My friend was performing at a club last night so I thought I'd drop by and give the x100 a work out. I am not into concert/performance type photography so this was purely an experiment for me, testing focus, metering, etc. But I didn't try to frame or even create any really good images, I just wanted to work with the camera - so don't judge the poor composition

My settings were Auto ISO, Auto WB, AF-C, I tried each metering choice and I *think* spot worked the best (I should have taken better notes).

I was not happy with any of the shots and an acquaintance who owns (and loves his x100 told me that the x100 is not a good indoor, action camera, so I'm not certain if this is not the best venue for the x100 to shine, or if these shots represent my freshman understanding of the camera.

I steadied myself pretty well but as you can see I had quite a bit of motion blur and holy cow look at the grain.  I realize the lighting in a place like this is awful too.

I have a fantasy of taking clear, sharp photos in a setting like this, am I insane or do I need to learn more about the camera> My question to the x100 experts goes something like - Am I using the wrong camera for this type of venue?  Are there x100 settings I could have used that would have given me better results (less grain, sharper focus)?  I am open to any suggestions or wisdom you may have

Shots 1-3 are RAW images with no editing exported to JPG. Shot 4 was edited in LR 4 (WB, sharpening, a little contrast, etc)

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow